Monday, October 04, 2004

free beer is KO with me

Best thing about my new place: a bar less than a block away... sorry liver, maybe next move.

So I was there last night, tossin back a few, watching STL kill the 49ers. Then this deaf lady starts buying me drinks... then she starts buying people next to me drinks... then drinks for EVERYONE who's belly-up to the bar. Turns out she's the cousin of Olympic Gold Medalist, Ali-beating, HEAVyweightCHAMpionoftheWOOOOORLD.... SMOKin Joe FRAzier (crowd going wild).



Apparently, the cousins of boxing stars like to "hang" here in the Burg. At first I thought she might be someone elses cousin...



But she wasn't white, scrawny, or an eminent Boston psychiatrist, so I think she meant the boxer.

Anyway, it was a fun evening. And after seven or eight or eiven beers, I stumbed 35 feet, went in my apartment, and passed out on the bed.

Next time: My wacky adventures with the mischievous Oscar de la Hoya. Hoya'n to your hats! It might oscare you!

It hurts when I pun...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home