Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Freedumb To Vote

Let me explain why I'm not going to vote...


"What did he say? Not vote?"
"I think he said he's not going to vote!"
"NOT VOTE?! You can't do that!"
"HEY MOB! THIS GUY'S NOT GONNA VOTE!"
"hldfitbv a "
"That's right, webdinger! He's not going to VOTE!"
"xa!!! @s"
"You're right, webby! He's probably Communist!"
"COMMUNIST?!?! KILL HIM!!!"

Well, actually I'm Kucinichist, but that's not the point... the bombardment of deafening, partisan rhetoric spewing everywhere from senior political advisers to ignorant Hollywood moneywhores has desensitized me to the point that Azy and Indah, the Des Moines orangutans, sound like a great independant ticket.

Don't get me wrong, I've tried to educate myself by researching the candidates...




But when almost EVERYone is harboring a political vendetta, hidden or otherwise, reasearch seems pointless. And from the factual information I have scrounged up, nothing has convinced me that one choice is better than the other.

This is also why I'm going back to 1846...



So much easier; no 527s... no Fox News... no Drew Barrymore... Just voting, nice hats, and small pox. And the ballots were pretty.



Good luck to you in November! I'll be holding my own election for tastiest lager. Most bottlecaps wins!!!

------------------------------------------
Nobody pretends that democracy is perfect or at all wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all those other forms that have been tried from time to time. (Winston Churchill, November 11, 1947)
----------------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home